09 April 2008

Stanley Cup Playoffs Begin Tonight

The playoffs begin tonight with the Calgary Flames (7) vs. San Jose Sharks (2). You can look all over the internet and find great analysis, previews, and predictions on who is going to win and why. Everyone has their picks for all the series. But I am going to do something different. My prediction will not be based on statistics or anything scientific. Here goes:

I grew up in the Bay Area, so my "home town team" is technically the San Jose Sharks. But, I have never really liked the Sharks. In fact, they are my least favourite team...in the world...regardless of sport. My team is, was, and always will be the Calgary Flames. Therefore, I pick the Flames to win.

Other series predictions, again, based on pure nonsense.

East:

(1) Montreal vs. (8) Boston - Montreal, because I want an all Canadian final
(2) Pittsburgh vs. (7) Ottawa - Pittsburgh, because "that is what the NHL wants"
(3) Washington vs. (6) Philadelphia - Washington, again, because "that is what the NHL wants"
(4) New Jersey vs (5) NY Rangers - New York, because there should be at least one lower seed advancing. And simply, I really could care less about this series

West:

(1) Detroit vs. (8) Nashville - Nashville, because it would just be damn funny...and I do not really like the Red Wings.
(2) San Jose vs. (7) Calgary - Calgary, because I HATE SAN JOSE!!!! (and I am a huge Flames fan, and I want an all Canadian final...just like in 1986, 1989. Guess which two Canadian teams were in those finals.)
(3) Minnesota vs. (6) Colorado - Colorado, because I just flip a coin, and I lost it under the couch.
(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Dallas - Dallas, because I am going with all the underdogs in the West.

No comments: